Thursday, April 1, 2010

Entry Post

Hello all,

This is my blog about the MMORPG fantasy game called Earth. Some people think that using the Nether for such a purpose is wasteful when I could be spending my time summoning demons and creating health stones for my guild... but even a warlock has gotta have a little R&R time now and again!

For those of you that don't know, Earth is a fantasy place in which no magic exists, but technology is extremely advanced. There are countless different factions in this world, and the guilds are called corporations, or businesses. Instead of grinding away killing boars and baby dragons as we do in our world, their grind consists of pushing papers and convincing people to buy stuff they don't really need. It might sound rather simple, but it's actually much more complicated than killing a human for a few gold, or raiding a dungeon for all the valuables inside.

This is a very guild-centric game. Those without a guild rarely make it. The positions in a guild are called a job. The better title you have with your job, the more stuff you can do when you aren't grinding. I'm currently guildless in game, which means I have a lot of free time to do whatever I want, but my resources are very limited. Sometimes... wait, I gotta go! My imp is burning the curtains again!! Write more later....

No comments:

Post a Comment